Eén van onze favoriete festivals Blijdorp Festival staat bijna weer voor de deur! Op 11 augustus is het eindelijk zo ver. Elke festivalganger weet dat een geslaagd festival begint bij de bodem die je legt. Daarom hebben breakfast diner by Jarmusch en Blijdorp de handen ineen geslagen om samen fantastische prijzen weg te geven. Wij waren benieuwd naar de favoriete bestelling van regular customers en boyband de Likt. Lees snel verder en check de Facebook pagina van by Jarmusch voor de give-away!

Do you have a certain morning ritual? Get up early or sleep in late?

Jordy: I tend to sleep in till a little after 10 pm. When I wake up, I make myself a cup of coffee, and I lay down on the couch. Then I call my friend/neighbour Rowan if he’s awake. If he is, I go over to his boat and have a second coffee there. When I finish this one, I go back to my boat and lay down on the couch again.

John: I try to go to bed between 12 am and 2 am and get up around 9pm. I like working while the rest of the country is still asleep. This routine allows me to still enjoy aspects of daily life, like seeing my friends, which is a perfect balance for me.

Giorgi: My morning ritual is that I tend to avoid the morning. During the week my alarm goes off at 10.30pm am and I’m usually working late at night because that’s when I get the most inspiration. I typically don’t sleep before 2 am unless I have to get up early for a gig the next day.

Take us through your day/night at Blijdorp festival
We meet up at the office in the morning to get all our gear in the van and drive to Blijdorp Festival. First, we’ll walk around the festival a bit; there are always people we know at the festival. Hopefully, we’ll have some time to check out other artists before we do our show. Two years ago Dolkraut was playing before us, a band we’re looking forward to seeing play this summer. After that, we’ll start getting ready for the show. When it’s showtime, we’ll hopefully entertain the Blijdorp crowd, and afterwards, all the gear will be loaded into the van again. There’s always one band member who has to return the van, but after that, we can all join the party and enjoy the festival.

If we’re having breakfast at by Jarmusch, what would you recommend?
Jordy: The pulled chicken waffles with maple syrup <3

John: I was in Limburg once and saw pancakes with salmon on the menu. I was very curious and tried it, and it has since become my favourite pancake. When I saw that Jarmusch had pancakes with salmon as a topping, I went for it. And to top it all off, I added avocado. It’s great that they also serve syrup and butter with it so that if you’ve finished your salmon and avocado, you can complete your pancake with syrup or butter.

Giorgi: Chicken & Waffles with avocado! I’ve had it before for dinner, so I thought it would be a bit much to have it for breakfast, but it was a perfect combination. It’s a great way to kick start your day.

Favourite wake-me-up song/track?
Jordy: Mr Fingers with Mystery of love

John: Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto – Iano, but anything by these two artists is a great way to slowly start your day with a cup of coffee and check your emails.

Giorgi: Erykah Badu – Rim Shot, it’s the intro for her debut album, and it’s the perfect intro track for your day. The song is a little under two minutes, and after that, I usually put on one of my Spotify playlists with artists like Nicolas Jaar, Max Graef, Floating Points and DJ Koze.